Zazen Bear Inc., a Zen-inspired jewelry and lifestyle start-up, is seeking an innovative full-time (permanent, exempt) Marketing Director to work closely with the Vice President to grow and define the brand. The Marketing Director will lead all aspects of marketing strategy and brand development. Reporting directly to the Vice President, the Marketing Director is a leadership role in support of driving sales and growing the business.
Key responsibilities include brand positioning, content strategy and development, budget management, advertising and communications, campaign management, social media, website and e-commerce in alignment with global and industry trends. The Marketing Director will be responsible for hiring and managing staffing support (in-house, agencies, vendors, consultants, etc. as needed) to effectively execute and meet the marketing goals and maintain a high quality level of output.
● Lead and own the development and refinement of an integrated marketing strategy including but not limited to: e-commerce, social media, website management, email marketing, digital advertising, direct mail, tradeshows/trunkshows/events management, etc.
● Implement and execute annual marketing plan, budget, and calendar.
● Lead and manage all aspects of digital marketing including SEO/SEM, digital advertising including affiliate and social advertising, social media strategy, email marketing.
● Manage external collaborations and relationships including influencer/brand ambassador, corporate, and media partnerships, sponsorships, and requests.
● Generate and propose new content ideas to drive engagement, build brand awareness, and amplify brand initiatives.
● Develop creative and compelling material for internal and external use including sales and promotional signage. Ensure all collateral and materials adhere to brand identity.
● Build, negotiate, and supervise/manage key vendor relationships.
● Measures, reports, and analyzes all key performance indicators across various properties.
● Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in a management role with demonstrated increase in responsibilities.
● BA in Communications field preferred (English, Marketing/PR, Journalism, etc.).
● Knowledge and experience with managing communications (marketing/public relations/social media/etc.) in jewelry/fashion/beauty, design, lifestyle/home industry. An interest or familiarity in Zen, meditation, or yoga is highly preferred.
● Highly organized with excellent verbal, visual, and communication skills (copy writing, editing and proofing ability with attention to detail). Creative thinker with a strong eye for design.
● Demonstrated experience leveraging digital media, online marketing tools, techniques, and best practices to maximize and amplify brand.
● Experience analyzing business, partnerships, web and marketing metrics.
● Excellent managerial, organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
● Energetic and proactive solutions-oriented self-starter and collaborator. Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
● Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, CMS, social platforms, and analytical/ecommerce tools.
Open Until Filled
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $70k + potential bonus incentive
Location: New York, NY (no relocation offered)
Please send cover letter & resume in PDF format to email@example.com